29 March 2015

CONVERSATION WITH P.D.

EMAIL FROM P.D.:

Hello Edji,

How does one discover who one is, or if there is more to oneself and what that is? How does one really “look within” or self-inquire without using the mind? I need to locate the feeling of I AM, I understand, but how is one to go about it? Do we repeat the two words till we can detect a feeling? I was trying but that seems to require thinking about the meaning of I AM, which then is a concept. Is there a way to bring up the feeling when one sits to meditate?

How does one move through the day so as to aid self discovery, as one goes about their usual activities?

Edji, as one progressively gets to know more about oneself, what changes? Do things that the average person cares about in the world stop mattering- “nothing matters”? I have been reading Nisargadatta and he seems to have reached a place where he was not afraid of or worried about anything- he did not suffer, and that also seems to be the aim of life in the Hindu tradition which, among others, the jnanis have attained. Does knowing oneself culminate in something like that? When one has just begun their journey, what changes for a person as they move along the path?

P.D.

MY RESPONSE:

Look, I am just like you, but I have realized who I really am at all levels, from human, to God, and beyond to the absolute.

It makes no sense to continue to ask me about what and how I experience, or a Jnani experiences.

This is all about YOU and your experience. If you learn too much about what I experienced, it will influence too much what you will experience.  I have tons of stuff in my book, Self Realization and Other Awakenings about my experiences, but I always tell people to explore their own experiences.

Turn your attention within and feel who you are.  Get to know your body from the inside. Seek to know emotions from your own heart.

You are now following a path of understanding everything; instead look and feel within and FEEL everything.

In this way you will get to "own" all of you by bringing everything within your self, which becomes the Self.

No comments:

Post a Comment