19 November 2013

Phoenix

I have been in Phoenix since Saturday. The 377 mile trip took a little over 6 hours.

I was pleasantly surprised to find my 96 year old mother in better health and mood than when I last saw her, 2-1/2 years ago.  She looked younger and healthier, probably because of the excellent care received from her healthcare worker, Lorretta.

Her previous caretaker of many, many years really did not provide the same level of care as now.  Lorretta prepares one to two hot meals a day as opposed to merely microwaving TV dinners.


I have a pesky cold that has hung on for 22 days, but I have been on antibiotics for 5 days, and I feel better.

Take care and I love you all!



3 comments:

  1. Wow Ed,
    Great to hear your mother in good spirit and 96 years old!
    And great work from Lorreta.
    Wish you well,
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you visit your mother let me know (in time!) and I will drive you there all the way!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too, Edji.
    Have fun and come home safe.
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete