27 June 2013

Feeling Fine!


Lots of screw ups yesterday at the hospital. Four people were scheduled for total hip replacements  that day using the frontal approach.  But there was only one table available for that procedure, which is not a standard table. So I laid in pre-op from 7:15 AM until 2:30 PM. Seven hours!

I was given ample opportunity to practice my own recommendations of just staying still while emotions and pain went through me.


The last thing I remember was talking to the anesthesiologist prior to the spinal anesthetic. He had put some other anesthetic into my IV and at some point, I went unknowingly into medical samadhi.

I woke up at about 4:30 PM with a mild pain in my right hip that went away after about 2 hours and went to sleep at 10 PM.

Next morning I awoke at 5 AM with no pain, and absolutely glowing well-being thanks to all of you out there sending good wishes and energies.

I am on a pain pump, but surprisingly, almost totally without pain, which is very unusual, and not a drop of blood on the dressing.
They may try to kick me out on Friday because I am doing so well, but asked for Saturday for an additional vacation day.

Thank you all out there for your emotional and financial support, healing energies, and love. 

6 comments:

  1. Yum, medical samadhi, where can I get me some of that?
    Your anesthesiologist=the next new Facebook guru?
    A few choice meds well-placed into the central channel, watch out enlightenment, here I come!
    Glad to hear you're doing well Ed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Edji this is great news so impressed that you are having such little pain and that things are humming along so nicely... I am happy to know that you took some of your own advice/medicine re sitting with feelings etc...well done... Sending love light and healing energy vibes your way lots and lots of LOVE
    maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were "screw ups" when I had my amputation(s).

    After the first carving (just half a pulped right foot harvested at that point) I was fortunate to have received one of the few highly prised machines ment to stimulate blood flow in reconstructed limbs. Unfortunately the damned thing kept breaking down throughout the night and of course I couldn't get up to go over and reset it. More often as not, staff were too busy with trauma cases to come reset it for me. So I lay there ... and wondered if I might be witnessing the death of otherwise savable meat. I was on a morphine pump so wasn't as bothered by prospect of outcome as I may have been otherwise. I don't recall now whether I may have been feeling guilty for being responsible for Sally's death in the wreck, maybe subliminally at that point - as the guilt didn't really come on strong until after I was out of hospital and afforded months alone convalescing in my ousted mom's home with ever more serious consequences following. What a God awful mess. Bless Sally, Bless Sally's daughter Sarah, Bless mom, Bless me, Bless all of us.

    I felt sure you'd come through with flying colors, Ed. I'm jazzed for you old man!

    Love, Hopalong n' Fritzji

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOD BLESS YOU, EDJI!!
    Great news.
    Love,
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete